Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day Zero - Chicago to Baltimore, June 26, 2009.

I’m not sure at what time Andy rolled in to my apartment to collected me and Tim, both a bit groggy from the previous night spent enjoying choice libations with Norm, Dale, Ken and da guys at McMahon’s. I recall Norm had a hissy fit that would've made Magog blush, and which made me decide to buy him a tutu for his upcoming birthday. Then again, maybe it was just the yeast poop getting the upper hand? Regardless, we drove to Ann Arbor, collected the rental tour van, ate lunch at Ypsilanti and hauled ass to Baltimore. Started at 3.30, made Laurel by 11.15 p.m. Tim & I crashed at le Chateau D’Galway while Andy pushed on to meet Elisabeth in DC. As usual, insomnia made me her little bitch, but I made the most of it by reading some Amy Hempel: “We can only die in the future; right now we are always alive.” Even when you know you’re just a ghost, that’s a beautiful lullaby…

No comments:

Post a Comment